Thursday, April 16, 2015

Maybe its just me

I haven't blogged in awhile.  Man, its been over two weeks.  Sheesh.  I've been spending my time compiling the Regional rounds of past small college World Series.  Consider that my entry into the nerd contest.

I've gotten some fantastic cards in the mail recently, but this post is going to be somewhat of a "The Good, the bad and the Awesome" part 2.

I decided to buy some 2015 Donruss.  "Why would you do that??' you're asking.  I dunno, I kinda like it.  And I quit wasting my money on Heritage dupes (I bought a huge lot of them from justcommons).  And I was hoping to get some of the advertised Tony Gwynn cards (I didn't).  And I was really hoping to get some of the 1981 Donruss cards.

The Good
 

 I got a couple of Angels.  I really hope MLB comes to their senses and grants a second license.  These would look pretty sharp without the airbrushing.  Still doesn't really look as bad as I would have thought though.  I had just bought the Trout base card in the justcommons order.

I don't know if there are just a bunch of prospects in the set and inserts overall, but it sure seems like I got my fair share.

And I did get a pair of the 1981s (teaser).  The team name is centered instead of off to the right, which doesn't bother me.  The donruss logo is way too big, which does bother me.  But these are fantastic.  I can't get enough of these.

The Bad

 
I bought two rack packs.  60 cards total.  Minus the 13 inserts leaves 47 base cards.  These are my 7 dupes.  Maybe its just me.  Seriously, I'm just a dupe magnet I guess.    But I like the design.  There's still a little too much wasted space in the borders, but its not as bad as 2014.

The Awesome

 

That's a thing of beauty right there.


No comments:

Post a Comment