Sunday, March 29, 2015

Stop me if you've heard this before

Brad dropped a package on me recently with a huge stack of my 2015 base needs (and he's stubbornly refused to send a want list back). 

While flipping through them, I came across a name I didn't recognize.


So I did what I always do, and I flipped the card over to read the back.


Wow, 13 seasons in the minors.

But he was born in 1990?  So he's been playing since he was 11?  Wait, what?

And what's 28.2 hits?  in 2 ABs?

It didn't take me long to figure out who was born in Albuquerque, NM in September 1990:


Of course when I headed over to the trading card database they already had it noted.  So I'm guessing there's other blogs who have written about this, but I missed them.  Are there any other errors I don't know about?  C'mon Topps, you should be better than this.


3 comments:

  1. how did they compute his batting avg? 14,100.000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude is the best hitter in the history of baseball. I mean, SLG of 26? He averages 6 homers AND a double per at bat. That's incredible!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, his number of doubles + triples + homers outnumber his 28.2 hits. THIS is the prospect who should be getting all of the attention this spring... forget Joc Pederson and Kris Bryant.

    ReplyDelete