Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sure, why not?

I found myself in a blue parallel store after work the other night.  Its very interesting who you see there at 11pm, but that's a different story.

I found myself on the card looking to scratch the pack busting itch.  I didn't want to buy any 2014 base because even though I don't have either series complete, I'm at the point of diminishing returns.  More dupes is not on the agenda.

Then I saw this:


My first thought was "$1.98?  Sure, why not?"

My second thought was "2008?  Have these been floating around the store for 6 years?"

If you'll notice the packs says "34 cards plus 2 Rookie Debut cards".  That's not what I got.  I got 33 base cards, 2 different inserts, and 1 card that I think is from a different UD product.

So let's see the highlights:



















Ok, that's not fair.

I actually have some of the Angels from this set already, courtesy of a big eBay lot I bought.  But all three of these are new to me.  This set harkens back to early Stadium Club for me.  I think its actually a pretty sharp design. Clean look, full color bleed, glossy stock.




These are the inserts I got instead of the Rookie Debut inserts.  Is it possible the pack was searched a re-sealed?  Eh..not the end of the world.




This card is apparently from 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy, which as far as I know is separate from 2008 Upper Deck.  Then again, I was long out of the hobby in 2008, so what do I know?

I guess that will get rid of the pack-busting itch.  For a little while anyway. 

2 comments:

  1. The Yankee Stadium Legacy set is a 6,743-card compilation chronicling every single game New York Yankees game ever played at the original Yankee Stadium, and other notable events. The card set was manufactured by Upper Deck and made its official debut by being randomly inserted into packs of Upper Deck’s 2008 Series 1 Baseball.

    ReplyDelete