Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Huh


The Angels traded Howie Kendrick today.

I was a bit surprised by my reaction.  I was kinda upset for a minute.  I did one of those <gasp> "What?" things.

Not long after Kendrick established himself as a regular for the Angels, he seemed (to me at least) to just blend in.  Doesn't seem real excitable, more even keel.  He didn't ever really become the superstar hitter in the lineup, but he was never a problem spot either.

So why was I so surprised?  I don't know.

The more I think about it though, the question I come up with is.. Who's going to play 2nd?  Now you've traded the established starter, what's the plan?  The Angels have been blessed/cursed with too many 1B/DH types in recent years, but middle infielders are a whole different deal.



I guess you can never have enough pitching.  Welcome aboard Rookie.

(Edit: When I saw Heaney's twitter post, I became a fan: "Well, @Dodgers we had a good run! Great to be a part of such a storied franchise. #thanksforthememories" That's awesome)


No comments:

Post a Comment