Friday, March 14, 2014

It'll wait....

So I look around the room and I see cards that need to be organized and filed.. just generally need to be put away.  I've got piles from repacks that should go into trade packages or PWEs.  I've got a couple stacks of Angels from John that I really deserve a post.  I've got Angels that I've pulled for my frankenset that didn't make the cut and need to go back from whence they came.  You get the idea.

So what did I decide to do?  Like any good collector...I went off in search of more cards.  Duh.  I went down to the blue parallel store.  I needed other things anyway (the rallying cry of the adult card collector!).  But alas, they had no 2014 Heritage on the shelves.  Booooo. 

I works Sundays, but I'm taking the day off.  So with no kids around I'll be organizing on Sunday.  I think.  No, I will.  Maybe.

But on my trip I did send out a couple of packages.  There's one full of Red birds and ducks.  One full of blue birds.  And one full of miscuts.  Hopefully there'll be some happy recipients.

I can't end the post without a card though, right?  I'll end with Mr. toothpick himself:

I recently traded some 2014 base cards with Old Foul Cardboard, and included in the package I got back was UL up there (no periods Topps) and a note saying he'd love some warmer weather.  I don't know about him, but I appreciate knocking one more card off my 1979 want list.




No comments:

Post a Comment