Sunday, February 8, 2015

Small world

So I have a very casual relationship with Listia.  I usually have a couple of credits floating around, so I bid them all on random auctions, get outbid, and repeat.

A couple of weeks ago I did a quick survey and got a bunch of credits.  Then i did another one and got a bunch more.  I managed to win some 1975 Topps and some Dallas Cowboys.

This auction in particular was interesting.  As a Cowboy fan, I've always been a huge Emmitt fan.  When he was playing he was overshadowed personality-wise by Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman, but that was something I could relate to.  So Smith is my only real football player collection.

But that wasn't what made it interesting.  When I went to transfer credits to the seller, I recognized the avatar in an instant.


I had just won an auction from Tom over at The Angels, In Order.  Half the time, reading Tom's blog is like looking at my want list.  He gets all the best Angels cards.

But in true blogosphere fashion, he sent more than just the card I won.

Aikman might have been much less showy than Irvin also, but I don't think there was any doubt on any player's mind who the team leader was.  Aikman wasn't expected to be Dan Marino or Peyton Manning, but he led the team and was maybe the most accurate thrower of all time.

But he didn't stop there.


Nope, I haven't gotten sick of these things yet.  Love 'em.

Thanks Tom.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the extras, and I'll take your Listia credits anytime!

    ReplyDelete