Sunday, May 11, 2014

I like baseball cards

I know what you're thinking.  "Yeah.  And?" 

I can't help but wander the card aisle if I'm the bullseye store, or WallyWorld.  Even if I'm there for legitimate shopping purposes, I want to buy cards.  I think I do a pretty good job of limiting myself to reasonable card buying.

The other day I popped on a rack pack of Heritage.  I know I've said I only collect base and Angels, but what can I say?  I like this year's Heritage.

This is the fourth pack I've gotten I think.  This is the first pack without a SP, but I did get this:

I'm typically not a big fan of inserts, but this one goes into my Nolan PC.  So that works for me.

Here's the lowlight for me:

Thanks for pointing out Angel futility Topps.  For what it's worth, the two runners were a Howie Kendrick single and a Chris Iannetta double. 

5 walks in 255 batters?  Wow.

Boshers was 25 and Shoemaker was 26 last year.  But I think Topps has put 30 year olds on these cards back in the 1980ish period.   So I guess that's not bad.  At any rate, I still dig Angels on cardboard.




No comments:

Post a Comment