Tuesday, October 15, 2013

That's why.....

...bloggers are awesome.
...I thought I'd try blogging.
...baseball cards can be a good thing.


Recently I came upon a blog post over at Brad's blog.  I saw a card I wanted and asked if it was available.  A quick check of his want lists and put a small stack of cards in the mail.  I got an envelope today and this came out:

Angel goodness




The guy at the bottom was the guy I asked about, but that's not the card.  Nope, those are all extra cards Brad threw in for me.  Outstanding.

But wait, there's more:

 
Angel chromy goodness

Those weren't any of the cards I asked about either.  More blogger generosity right there.

So here then is the card I wanted:

2012 MVP

Serial numbered black chrome Mike Trout.  Yup, I'm a Trout collector.  This kid is the real deal.  I know I could never hope to get all of his cards, they're making new ones daily it seems.  And that's fine.  But that card is awesome (just don't notice all the dust on my scanner).

But here's the thing.  I've made a few trades here and there with bloggers. And almost every single time, they have sent along more than I had asked for, way more than I could have expected.  I sent on along a stack of Phillies that I hoped were enough for a fair trade.  And I got way more. Bloggers are awesome.

Thanks Brad

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't link your blog on my trade post! I'll add you to my blogroll. Glad you liked the extras. I thought the Jim Abbott oddball was an interesting card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the trade. I just hope you're as happy with the Phils as I am with my Trout.

      Delete