Thursday, July 3, 2014

Woodgrain Halos

So I have a binder of all Topps base cards from 1961 to present.  Well, a spot for each card anyway.  No Traded cards or Update (although I'm not so sure about that decision), no parallels, just base cards. And errors.  For my collecting heyday (1981-1992) I'm using dupes from my set building.  For other years, I'm giving the binder priority.

I picked up a couple of cards on eBay towards that goal.



Not bad for 75 cents a card shipped I think.

The Angels purchased Koppe from the Cardinals in June of 1961 for $1000.  He was the team's starting shortstop for the rest of that season and in 1962.  He was then a utility infielder in 1963 and 1964.  He started 1965 in Seattle, then spent the last half of 1965 as the utility infielder again.  Then he retired.

Ken Hunt was drafted by the Angels from the Yankees in the expansion draft.  He was the team's starting centerfielder in 1961.  In 1962 he played 3 games a first base, and only 13 overall, injured I assume.  He split 1963 between LA and Hawaii, then was sold to the Senators in September.


No comments:

Post a Comment