Saturday, March 1, 2014

2 is better than 1

The only thing that's better than finding a mailer of cards in your mailbox is finding two mailers of cards in your mailbox.  And that's exactly what happened to me.  Along with the package I received from Mark of This Way to the Clubhouse was a package from Jeff over at 2x3 Heroes.  This one was kinda unexpected.  But I think I might have asked for it.  I comment on blogs all the time and forget all the stupid stuff I say (you bloggers out there know I do).

There were alot of cards in here, I don't even think I can do justice in a post.  But that won't stop me from posting anyway.

These will all go right into my new Topps base Angel binder.  Well, the 92 "winner" really doesn't fit, but I'll put it backwards in the pocket and it will go behind the base when I get one.  (No, I don't "double bag".  I like looking at backs way too much).  Is it just me, or is the 2010 design half finished?  Just a team color arc.  Then again, I like it.

Heritage is coming out soon.  I had recently formalized my decision to stick to Topps base and just collect as many Angels outside of that as possible.  But the 1965 design looks so good.  I might just have to pop for some packs (and hope to pull a Trout).

Despite Topps insistence on badgering us with parallel after parallel...... I still like them.  Can't help it.  I like the emerald parallels last year, and I like the Slayer parallels even more this year.

Has anyone tried to collect an entire documentary/biography type set that Upper Deck did?  That would be like 4800 cards, right?  It's a neat idea, but I can't imagine trying to do more than one team. 

Mid 80's oddball Fleer.  I'm liking that, its the first one I've got.  Only two other Angels in that set.  I think that Fleer Ultra design pretty sharp.  I've acquired a few of those, but these two are new to me.

Maybe its the logo/uni combination (my favorite ever for the Halos), but that 94 Donruss is a great looking card.  And so is Trumbo.  Hey MLB, give out another license!!  Seriously.

There were plenty of other cards in the package too.  And if that wasn't enough, Jeff included a note claiming that I picked a team with few cards.  Ummm, okay.  Seems like alot to me.  But he decided to throw in a bunch more of my 2014 Topps base needs.  Outstanding! (But I'm still mad at Topps for collation blah, blah, blah)


And then there was this thing.  I had seen these on the interwebs, but never in person.  I was actually rather surprised at the weight of this guy.  I had to scan it and blow up the picture to read the back though.  Just the tiniest writing.  And the day after I got it, it was poker night at my buddy's house.  I don't know if this is sacrilege to card collectors, but I took Jered with me as my card cover.  Needless to say, based on that session Mr. Weaver will continue to be my card cover.  I did well. 

I need to go looking for some Sox to send off.  Thanx again Jeff.





No comments:

Post a Comment