Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I did it again....

You ever tell yourself "What a waste.  I ain't doing that again"?  And then you do it again?

I did that.

Again.

I bought one of those re-packs at the Red bulls-eye.  I looked down the card aisle and nothing looked interesting.  But I could get 100 cards for $4.  What a deal!  4 cents a card!  I don't know why I fall for it.  Card opening itch to be scratched?  Maybe.  But I'm already overflowing with junk wax.  Why do I do it?

Here's the front cards.  2 newerish cards.  I need newer cards.  I don't have much from 1994-2011.  Maybe I'll get some Angels.


Here's the back.  1 newerish card.  I need newer cards (did I already say that?).  But the other card kinda intrigued me.  I remember seeing those in rack packs of late 1980's Topps.  I like those.  This looks like a promising (re)pack.  I'll get it!

Oh look.  12 cards from 1989 Topps.  yay.  I'm drowning in these things already.  If you ask me for these things, you're getting them.  I'll probably come damn near completing your set.  In case you were wondering, that's the A variation of Destrade (E*), not the B variation (E*F*).

And 12 cards from 1987 Topps.  I was drowning in these things at one point to, but there's three young children in Southern California somewhere learning about players who retired years before they were born.  There was one cool card with these, but I'll get to that later.  DeCinces won't even help with the frankenset, there's a Jimmy Dean oddball already in #22.

A Jack Clark hot pack!  There were two Rick Schus from this set too.

But enough of the redundancy.  Let's see stuff I liked.

In addition to the 08 Topps on the front, there were these three.  But they're numbered with NYY numbers, so I'm assuming they came from a team set?  (Side note.  It kinda sucks living in enemy territory.  If I see team sets, I don't want Giant or A team sets.)

Sure enough, there were three more of these in the package.  I don't know why I like these, but I do.


Wait.  That's junk wax.  Yeah, but it's from the 1986 Fleer Update set.  The set was probably broken to get the Bonds out.  Oh well, I'll take it.


I always get one of these in a repack.  I don't really know where to put them in my collection, but I've always been a minor league history buff, so I'll take it.






It's a 1/1!  Wait, here's the back:


What happened there?

2009 Topps.  I don't have many of these at all.  I like the little stats they rap over the top on the back.  The 6 degrees of Mantle.....I guess it was a very Mantlesque time period.

Last but not least, I need help with this card:

What is this card?  Here's the back:
No identification whatsoever.  No copyright.  No brand name.  Nothing.  Somebody fill me in.







3 comments:

  1. The Yankees come from a 'factory team set,' where they are sold at various places from the team store at your local MLB ballpark to a big box store like Target - Topps makes them for all the teams.

    The Roberto Kelly is an unlicensed card, referred to as a 'Broder,' named after a guy who was a photographer and took pictures he shot to turn them into cards back in the 1980's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, If you really like those all star/ rookies sets I can put some(alot) in the next pwe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday, I might make those a sub collection. I have a couple of almost every one of those sets. They can't be real sought after if they're always in repacks....

      Delete