Saturday, December 14, 2013

Anthony Keith

I just went to the mailbox, and what a bunch of goodies in there today.  I got a Ted Williams card for that PC from eBay.  John dropped two more PWEs on me, and P-town Tom sent me a box.  But I wanted to put up a quick post on the other envelope I got today.  I won
these two cards on Listia for 100 credits.  1986 and 1987 Topps mini leaders.  I've been a fan of Gwynn's pretty much since I pulled his rookie cards out of packs of Fleer and Donruss back in 1983.  I went to the card store the next year and bought the Topps rookie.  He thus became one of my first player collections.  So these were good additions to the Gwynn PC.  But the thing that caught my eye was when I turned the cards over:


Apparently Gwynn lost 7 pounds in 1986.  Ummmm, as I said I'm a big Gwynn fan, always will be.  The guy is a class act all the way.  But I'm not so sure Gwynn ever lost weight.  At least that's the way I seem to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment